|Shelly Beach Voluntary Rural Fire Force|
|Phone (09) 420 2503 or (027) 469 0241|
|Do you have
* A Medical or Ambulance background? or
* A Fire Service background? or
* A Police or Service background? or
* A Positive and Conscientious attitude with a ‘can do’ approach? or
* Just the right approach, demeanour and aptitude
|Are you someone who
* Likes to help people in need.
* Acts in a professional manner.
* Has customer service focus.
* Is willing to do your bit for the community for no gratuity.
* Is willing to learn and apply those skills.
* Can pass a Police Security screening.
* Can handle a rank structure.
The SBVRFF provides emergency response primarily to the South Head area. As one of our volunteer’s, you will play a major role in providing urgent assistance to the people in your community.
The time spent away from your home or work for an emergency is usually less than an hour, or occasionally several hours for a major incident.
Personnel that we are looking for:
Firefighters – train as a Firefighter.
1st Responders – train as a 1st response medic
Operational Support – train for supporting operations.
and you can train for one, two or all three roles should you wish.
To become a volunteer member of SBVRFF, you will need
* Live or work in the local community, close to the fire station or pickup points
* Be available to regularly respond to emergency callouts.
* Pass a Medical test and a Police Security check (paid for by the Force).
* Be available for training nights and some weekends.
* Attend training courses (the occasional weekends)
* Have the correct attitude and approach.
If you want to make a difference in your community and become a professionally trained Voluntary Member of the Shelly Beach Voluntary Rural Fire Force, please take the next step and phone 420 2503 or 027 4690241. We would welcome the opportunity to meet you and answer any questions you might have.